Here is an alphabetical list of all the plants we grow. Some can be bought directly through our on-line shop.
If you want to purchase a plant we have listed below, but it does not appear in our on-line shop, we will quote you before you purchase. Please use the contact form by clicking here to advise us of your requirements.
We will reply via phone or email and give you current availability and price. You can then complete your purchase either on-line or by posting a cheque.
Alphabetical list of Trees, Plants and Shrubs
To buy click on the link. Due to the large and unusual varieties of plants stocked, we cannot always keep high levels of stock.
- Mahonia aquifolium
- "Oregon Grape" This small shrub grows to 3ft tall and is excellent beneath trees
or in a shady position, but will also do well in sun. Yellow flowers March - April,
followed by blue / black berries. Any soil type.
- Mahonia aquifolium Apollo
- This vigorous, spreading form of the Oregon Grape makes a low growing bush.
Its leaves are pinnate and deep green with red stalks often turning red in winter.
In early spring it bears bright yellow flowers in large dense clusters.
- Mahonia aquifolium Smaragd
- Similar to M. 'Apollo', but with the benefit of having young leaves a lovely bronze
- Mahonia confusa
- Pale yellow flowers in Autumn, set against sea green foliage.
- Mahonia japonica
- A well known and popular plant giving a superb display during late autumn and
winter of beautiful and fragrant flower heads of light golden yellow.
- Mahonia japonica Bealei
- A well known tried and tested Mahonia with its characteristic short golden
yellow flower heads in winter. Nowadays becoming increasingly confused with
- Mahonia media Buckland
- Delightful long flower racemes of a gorgeous intense yellow beginning in late
autumn and through the dark depths of winter.
- Mahonia media Charity
- This wonderful hybrid has great architectural qualities, with its dark green spiky
leaves. Very useful for winter colour, as the bright yellow fragrant flowers open
on long racemes in early to mid winter.
- Mahonia media Lionel Fortescue
- Lots of bright yellow winter flowers in upright racemes and always attractive
foliage makes this a splendid specimen plant. Originated as a seedling at the
Garden House Buckland Monachorum Devon.
- Mahonia media Winter Sun
- A medium sized shrub of vigorous habit with pinnate leaves and erect racemes
of densely packed fragrant yellow flowers.
- Mahonia wagneri Pinnacle
- A good selection this with bright golden flowers stong bushy upright growth bronzy
- Mahonia wagneri Undulata
- This interesting ornamental hybrid resembles M. aquifolium, but grows slightly
taller and has dark green wavy pinnate leaves. Deep yellow flowers in spring.
All our native plants are English grown, English provenance stock